Pages

Sunday 23 December 2018

Trip to the Tundra!

Image result for tundra
Dear Sau,
my trip to the tundra was a fantastic experience and I got to say, that was the driest place I have ever seen with my own two eyes. As I traveled there, I began to notice that there wasn't any trees there, which was very unusual to me. Although it is very dry, it is also very cold. The average temperature there is -27 degrees celsius and comparing the temperature to Antarctica, it is pretty close to being the coldest area. While I was there, I learnt that the name tundra comes from the Finnish word, tunturia. I also learnt that there are two parts of tundra, alpine tundra and arctic tundra. I hope that you will be interested to visit this place someday.

From Sosaia.

5 comments:

Ana @ Glen Innes School said...

Hello Sosaia, your experience is phenomenal I have to agree to you. Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sosaia,
I really like the way you were comparing Tundra to Antartica. Where did you learn those facts from? Also next time check your work because you spelt finish as "Finnish." Besides that you are doing a marvelous job!

Best Wishes
From your Friend
Christopher

Unknown said...

Kia ora Sosaia,

My name is Hazel and I am part of the Summer Learning Journey (SLJ) team. I’ll be helping Sophie and the team out in Manaiakalani over the Christmas holidays.

I really enjoyed reading the letter that you wrote to Sau from the tundra. I can tell that you did a lot of research, because you have included some great facts. I especially enjoyed learning about the etymology (origin) of the word 'tundra'. Would you like to visit the tundra for real one day? Why/why not?

Keep up the great work, and I look forward to seeing more of your posts soon.

Hazel :)

Heather Collins said...

Hi Sosaia...did you know there are a lot of tundra's in Utah!? Maybe one day you'll get to visit one in person? Great to see you blogging on the SLJ - keep up the great work.

Unknown said...

Hi Sosaia, I enjoyed reading your letter that you wrote for sau about your experience at Tundra, you wrote incredible facts about Tundra that made me know more about it. Did you enjoy learning about tundra?

Post a Comment