Pages

Monday 17 December 2018

Top 3 Fun Facts

My very first fun fact about New Zealand is that, Gisborne is the first city in the world to be exposed by the sun. Gisborne is only 496.3 kilometres aside from the sun, that's like from Auckland to Marton Manawatu-Wanganui. The reason why I chose this as my first verse is because, there are only 4416 cities and 195 countries in the world and out of all the countries and cities in the world, the sun is first exposed to Gisborne, New Zealand that's amazing!

My second fun fact about New Zealand is that, dairy farmers produce a colossal of 100 kilograms of butter and 65 kilograms of cheese. They do this each year for every living person in New Zealand, and for a farmer to do that it must put a lot of time and effort to produce butter and cheese. I still don't get how they do it, I mean, isn't there a baby born everyday so hypothetically, the farmers have to make the babies butter and cheese right? I'm just kidding, but seriously am I right or not? Of course I'm wrong, babies can't eat cheese or butter, I knew that.

My final fun fact about New Zealand is that, our country is one of the highest car ownership rate in the world, with 2.5 million cars for 4 million people. This is pretty funny because, this reminds me of the time when my dad used to always come in many distinctive cars to school almost everyday and one of my friends asked me how many cars I owned in the funniest way possible. I chose this verse is because, this seemed unusual to me that our country really loved cars and you never know, a car might save your life one day so stay on a look out for that.

3 comments:

Lee SLJ said...

Kia ora Sosaia,

Great writing! I'm Lee, on of the Summer Learning Journey blog commentors. I'm looking forward to spending the Summer reading everyone's blogs.
I love how you have used colourful descriptions about why you chose these New Zealand facts. You've really added your personality into it which I think is great. I'm interested when you say "A car might save your life one day", I want to know how that could happen!

Talk to you soon
Lee

DX said...

Malo e lelei Lee,
Thank you for your comment and I can't wait to do this blogging program with you and the rest of the team.

Ana @ Glen Innes School said...

Malo e lelei Sosaia I was reading your writing about your top 3 fun facts. To be Honest it's so luxurious and you have done a remarkable job on your work.

What is your favourite fact?

Post a Comment