Pages

Wednesday 19 December 2018

DOC Ranger!

This activity will be about the advantages and the disadvantages about being a Department of Conservation ranger. Let the listing comence.

Advantages:

1. You will receive recognition, respect and an opportunity for personal growth.

2. You will foster a sense of owning, engagement and meaning with the staff.

3. You receive a great amount of money.

Disadvantages:

1. The animals could possibly damage you.

2. You could be doing your job in dangerous weather.

3. You could be allergic to furry animals and you could spread the your illness.

Overall, I would not like to be a DOC ranger for you could be attacked by the one of the dangerous animals. Once, I visited the zoo and a Kea flew right past my head and almost scared me to death. If you are mocking me right now, go to the cage of the Kea, trust me it's terrifying.

1 comments:

Hasiba SLJ said...

Kia Ora Sosia!

Awesome to see you are blogging above and beyond! Thank you for sharing these pros and cons!
Just like any job, there are always going to be some pros and cons. The cons you have listed are very important!
I totally understand why many are not interested in becoming a Doc Ranger.

Your kea story made me laugh a little bit! But I’m with you, animals can be unpredictable! I am happy to know you are safe!

NZ has a lot of special native animals. Our animals need to be protected! Can you name a few of the animals?

keep up the great work!
He Whetu Koe! (You’re a star!)
Hasiba

Post a Comment