Pages

Tuesday 18 December 2018

Tane Mahuta!

Image result for tane mahuta
Bestowed by the summer learning journey, Tane Mahuta is the largest kauri tree standing and it is 51 metres high and with a trunk circumference of 13 metres. But I'm not here to talk about facts about Tane Mahuta, I'm here to talk about whether I urge to go to see the great and ancient Kauri tree or not. So why don't we get started get started? About two years ago I actually traveled to this ancient tree on Easter with my family. But if I could corrupt on travel back, I would definitely take that opportunity. The reason why I urge to go is, because one day the tree could fall and I want to be one of the last to witness the ancient Kauri tree one last time.






2 comments:

Meliana @ Glen Innes school said...

Hey Sosaia I like what you wrote about the Kauri tree.
I like your facts about the tree I think it's because you were searching really hard and do you remember that Tane Mahuta is the god of the forest.

Bye talk later
:)

SLJ Manaiakalani Cluster said...

Kia ora Sosaia,

It is great to see another Summer Learning Journey activity from you! You are doing some great blogging!

Wow - that is awesome that you have visited Tane Mahuta! It is such a special place for you to have seen. I would love to visit Tane Mahuta because of the amazing long history of the tree!

Keep up the great blogging!

Talk soon,

Sophie

Post a Comment