Pages

Tuesday 18 December 2018

What A Question!

To be honest, maths is my greatest strength and all my family members know how much I love maths. So this is my strategy of solving this complicated problem.

First work out what the topic sentence is, (e.g 4x3) which is 365 x 3 = X

Then work it out!

300 x 3 = 900

60 x 3 =180

5 x 3 = 15

  900
+180
    15
1095

Then write the word statement at the end!

In one year, you will need to give to a cactus 1095 ml of water.

There you go! If your friend has a cactus at home tell your friend, that is how much water you give to that specific plant.

6 comments:

Meliana @ Glen Innes school said...

Malo lelei Sosaia well I know that you are good at all three subjects, but the one you are really good at is maths cause when we were in class you would have to go up and write the answer on the whiteboard.

Bye
:)

Unknown said...

Malo Lelei Sosaia
You have explained and figured out the maths question you have been given. I am also participating in SLJ, if you had one subject to choose out of maths, reading and writing what one would it be.

Blog Ya Later!!

Lee SLJ said...

Kia Ora Sosaia,

I'm very impressed with your maths ability and how you have shown the working and explained. It's good advice in case I ever get a cactus. Have you ever had one?I'm a maths fan as well, I enjoy teaching maths. What other subjects do you like apart from maths?
Keep up the good work,
Talk to you later
- Lee

Unknown said...

Hey Sosaia,
Wow what a great way to solve a complicated math equation! As you saw on my blog, I also did used the same strategy as you! You have precisely explained how to get an answer to 365 x 3 quite simply! Keep up the great work!

Alicia:)

DX said...

Bula Vinaka Nastazia,
thank you very much for your feedback! I'm sure that you have also figured out that equation. I'm also sure that you used a similar strategy as me. Choosing one the three subjects, I'll obviously choose maths. Which subject will you choose?

-Sosaia

DX said...

Malo e lelei Meliana,
thank you for your response on my blog. I'm sure that you did great on your blog. Your absolutely right, I am the one who always goes up to the whiteboard and writes the answers. What is your favourite subject?

-Sosaia

Post a Comment